Software update: Suriname payroll now also possible in Celery
Written by Sue van Elteren
Posted on 1 Dec 2018 - 2 minutes read
In addition to Curaçao, Sint Maarten, Aruba and BES-island payrolls it is now also possible to process Suriname payrolls in Celery. The addition of Suriname to Celery is a free software update and is available for each Celery user.
In an existing Celery account you can now select ‘Suriname’ when creating a new Employer. If you do not have a Celery account yet, you can create a free trial account on our website and have a Suriname employer with employees generated as ‘demo employer’.
Some special features in Suriname payrolls are:
- 4 types of employee categories, including the ‘Supervisory Director’ category (with a view to the yearly ‘Loonopgave’);
- Accrual of vacation allowance for which the statutory maximum untaxed part is automatically paid out in addition to a (possibly) taxable part;
- Accrual bonus/gratification of which the statutory maximum untaxed part is automatically paid out in addition to a (possibly) taxable part;
- A separate pay-run to be generated for the ‘Payment at once’ (Article 17a);
- Special wage codes such as Taxed and untaxed Child Support, untaxed Exchange rate compensation, untaxed jubilee allowance, taxed fringe benefit company car, meals, electricity & water, taxed fringe benefit free housing, taxed fringe benefit free medical treatment and taxed fringe benefit free (food and) lodging;
- Various taxed fringe benefit wage codes must only be activated, the underlying calculation of the taxed benefit is automatically and correctly calculated and applied by Celery;
- Tax discount and Tax free basic allowance for which the application can be disabled;
- AOV premium to which the employer can contribute which part is added to the taxable income;
- Automatic application of the correct Wage Tax Tables (Table 1, 2 or 3 and Extra Income);
- In case of Extra Income (in Dutch: Bijzondere Beloning), the number of months where this income is based on, must be entered for the correct calculation of the Wage Tax and
- An additional HRM module (in Employer/Integrations/Human Resource Management-HRM) contains, for example, an HRM Calendar including all public holidays in Suriname.
By default, a Suriname payroll contains more than 90 wage codes and more than 50 general ledger accounts. In most cases you can immediately start with the existing wage codes, and Celery immediately generates a clear salary journal entry.
Thousands of companies use Celery. Are you switching too?
Pricing for Celery starts at $20 per month.