Easy processing of pension benefits in the payroll
Written by Sue
Posted on 13 Jun 2017 - 2 minutes read
Celery is especially developed for a correct and quick processing of the periodic pension payroll. This concerns mainly the payroll processing of Old Age pensions, but also Widows and Orphans pensions. Also, this option within Celery applies to pension payroll processing of Pension Facilities created in Private Pension funds.
First, when creating the employer, the industry ‘Pension Fund/Pension Insurance company’ must be selected. As a result, in this payroll special features will be applicable to this employer in the pension industry.
When creating a pensioner, the employee category ‘pensioner’ can be chosen. If this category is chosen, various employee settings are immediately set up to make a correct gross-net pension calculation and pay slips.
Examples of such settings are:
- The application of acquisition costs will automatically be deactivated;
- In various places within Celery, the word ‘salary’ is replaced by ‘pension’;
- SVB/SZV ZV and OV premiums are automatically disabled;
- Social security premiums are set as default as required by law to be applied to pension payroll payments (without employer’s contributions);
- Any deviating percentages of social security premiums, especially for pension plans, will be applied automatically;
- On pension payments on which the AOV/AWW premium is applicable, the AOV-Gliding Scale is automatically applied (but can be disabled);
- The pensioner has access to his/her pay slips in his/her own online Celery Employee Account, which document in the pension industry is not called ‘pay slip’ but ‘pension specification’ and
- Pensioners with their own online Celery account, in addition to their monthly pension specifications, receive their Annual Report (in Dutch: Jaaropgave) in their online account annually.
Online Celery Employee Accounts for Pensioners
An employee account can be activated by the employer/pension insurance company per pensioner. As a username, an e-mail address is used and the pensioner must activate the account him- or herself by setting a password, which invitation is sent by e-mail.
After that, the pensioner receives a monthly notification if the pension specification for that month is available online. Of course, such messages will only be sent if the Pension Insurance company has activated these notifications.
Finally, the retired person receives a message once a year as soon as the Annual Report (in Dutch: Jaaropgave) is generated and available online.
Thousands of companies use Celery. Are you switching too?
Pricing for Celery starts at $17.50 per month.