Increase minimum wage Curacao as of January 2018
Published by M. Verhage in Legislation and Regulations
In contrast to the Wage and Income Tax tables 2018, the minimum wage in Curaçao will be increased as of 1 January 2018. The minimum wage is increased from ANG 9.00 gross per hour to ANG 9.175 gross per hour. That is an increase of 1.94%.
The minimum wage for employees of 21 years or older is based on a:
• 40-hour working week: ANG 1,589.11 gross per month;
• 45-hour working week: ANG 1,787.75 gross per month and
• 48-hour working week: ANG 1.906.93 gross per month.
For employees who have reached the age of 16 but not the age of 21, the following gross minimum hourly wages apply:
• 20-year-olds: 90% or ANG 8.26 gross per hour;
• 19-year-olds: 85% or ANG 7.80 gross per hour;
• 18-year-olds: 75% or ANG 6.88 gross per hour and
• 17/16-year-olds: 65% or ANG 5.96 gross per hour.